Sunday, September 28, 2008

Baby Games

It's no fun placing bets on when the baby will be born, since we get to set the date for the C-section, but to keep this pregnancy interesting, let's play Guess That Gender!

We kept it easy for you by making it multiple choice. You have a 50-50 chance of getting it right (though your odds go way up if you pick GIRL). If you vote BOY and end up being right, Aaron will hold you personally responsible.

In case you haven't figured it out, Aaron is hoping for a girl. Amy reluctantly admits that she also wants a girl (but mutters something about not jinxing things). Callan wants a boy (that's it- he's grounded!). Connor doesn't care. He just wants to stay youngest forever.

So, prizes! If you guess GIRL and you are right, you win the chance to provide a cute girly or tomboyish outfit for her to wear. If you guess BOY and you are right, you win the chance to babysit for a weekend- for FREE!

12 comments:

denedu said...

You guys crack me up!!! I picked girl...and if I'm right I'd be happy to provide you with a girly girl outfit for her!!! :D Since I have no girl of my own I have finally taken to buying myself some girly things. (It's about time...I know.) hahaha :) I can't remember...when is the baby bean due?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Aaron, but you have the Duffy genes, and Dufy genes favor boys by a wide margin. I had 9 brothers and only three sisters; you were one of four boys. I'm just going with the percentages.

XOXOXO--
Oldpa

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I've proven terrible at guessing this sort of thing, but I much prefer the girl-prize to the boy-prize, so I'll say "girl."

Allie said...

Yeah, Im not voting. If I vote boy, you guys will hate me, and I will end up babysitting ;)
Either way, I guess I could get a frilly outfit, then Aaron could put his boy in that....hum.

Erin said...

well i guessed a girl for myself and was wrong, so why not try again? i'm saying it's a girl and i hope i'm right! girl clothes are just more fun than boys!

Mama bee said...

Can I abstain from voting with the excuse that you won't like my answer? ;-) Just kidding. Wishing you a happy and healthy baby...



*whispers* just so you know, I think it's a boy. Blame Aaron.

Andrea said...

Congrats!! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. Are you going to find out at the ultrasound or keep us guessing till the C-section?

Nutty Nielsen's said...

You know I think girl. It's time. I am just glad its not me.

Amy said...

Andrea- We will be finding out the sex around Thanksgiving, and yes, we will let people know.

Hey Nutty Nielsen- I must be really weird because the zofran didn't even work. We will find out if you're right at the end of November.

Juzzme said...

Hi Amy! Sounds like Congratulations are in order! I'm so glad it let me into your blog! I saw those comments you left on my blog when i first started it, but whenever i tried to click on your name some weird message came up every time, so I could never leave a comment, etc.! oh well, works now! :) How are you guys?

Doreen said...

I guessed girl. Even though I live far enough away I could have safely guessed boy. :p

Anonymous said...

I guess girl. But I know enough about the birds and bees to know that whatever happens is Aaron's doing.
LOVE,
OLDMA