Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happenings in Family

Okay, so we totally forgot to take pictures, but our niece, Hailey, was baptized on the 1st of March. That was a beautiful time to spend with family and to see her growing up. Later that night, Aaron and I had a BLAST at a bellydancing festival in Salt Lake. I don't think I have mentioned yet, but I'm taking a bellydancing class and I LOVE IT!! When I met Aaron, I was going to school to be a dance teacher, but a few years back, I had the chance to teach dance and learned that my passion is learning a routine and then performing. One of Aaron's and my friends was already in the group and finally talked me into taking the beginning class last month and "oh baby", I have found my passion again. Anyway, at this festival, we got to see many different groups perform and Aaron got to see the body move in ways he didn't know was possible!! So, we were with our good friends, Josh and Kristal and she later performed.
The next day, Sunday, we threw a birthday party for my mother in law. We invited some of her close friends and my two brother in laws that live out of town sent birthday email messages to her. It was a another nice time spent with friends and family. We hope you had a wonderful birthday, Karen.

5 comments:

Mama bee said...

Thanks for coming to the show, Amy. It was great to have you there. :-) Maybe next year we'll get you up on stage there!

Erin said...

What a busy weekend and so thoughtful of you to have a birthday party for Karen! Love ya!

Allie said...

thanks for coming to the baptism. The party you threw for karen went off great. Im sure she loved it.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from a german Member of the Bansen Family.
I love to read your blog!

Anonymous said...

I loved the party. Thanks, again for making my 60th a great day. I really appreciated awaking the following day!
The german Member is a distant cousin of Dennis'. Her grandfather is Priscilla's uncle. Way cool to think that she can learn about us this way.
LOVE,
OLDMA