Friday, March 28, 2008

Christine's 12th Birthday!





Our daughter, Christine, celebrated her 12th birthday this past Wednesday. For our family, this is always a good and happy day for us. She was born with severe mental and physical disabilities and we were told she wouldn't live past the ages of 2-3. So, for her to turn 12 is pretty amazing to us, our family and friends. We had our friends Josh, Kristal and Cora over for cake and ice cream. It was funny because usually when she gets home, she falls right to sleep, so we put her in bed. This night, I think she knew it was a special day because she stayed bright eyed and happy and smiley all evening. It was a GREAT night! Mommy and Daddy and your brothers love you Christine and we hope this year brings you more smiles and happy times.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Happy Birthday Christine. I am going to have to add the picture at the top to my blog I wrote this morning. Cute pictures.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

She is really looking well. I'm grateful for the all the lessons I learned from you while we lived in Logan. Such a unique combination of personalities and circumstances at The Village . . . we became closer to our neighbors there than any place we've lived. I almost missed making it over here; I hardly ever look at my old entries to see if anybody new has posted. Stay in touch.

Mama bee said...

Happy Birthday, Christine! Thanks for having us over, you guys. We had a great time. Connor and Cora are so cute in that last picture. You'd almost think he liked sharing his chair. :-)