Monday, June 16, 2008

In Memory

I don't know how many of you watched Meet the Press with Tim Russert on Sunday mornings, but I would flip to see who he had on his show and if it was someone that I was interested in, I would watch. He was always on the Today show talking politics. Anyway, he passed away suddenly of a heart attack on Friday. Throughout the weekend, I watched the different news shows and they all paid tribute to him and talked about what an awesome man he was. I know that everyone who knows me knows that I went through a loss a year and a half ago when I lost one of my best friend's from college from a sudden heart attack. The death of Tim Russert brings back the pain and sorrow that I still go through time to time. One thing I have learned is that you should NEVER put things off when it comes to ANYONE you know. If you get the inspiration to call someone or go see someone, there is a reason why you are getting that inspiration. My friend, Tonja, and this journalist, Tim have been remembered as being EXTREMELY nice people. ALWAYS with a smile on their faces and nothing bad said about them. How many of us can look at how we treat people and how we conduct our lives and know that when we pass on, people will say that about us? I know that being the nicest person and never being mean would not be something someone could say about me and that makes me sad. I know I can't change overnight, but I think we should ALWAYS try to live everyday and be as nice as we can and treat people with respect and kindness. I know I didn't know him personally, but I say Heaven has received two AWESOME people in the past 2 years, We'll miss you Tonja and Tim.

No comments: