Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My BIG week

Well, I will be fulfilling a HUGE dream come true this Friday night. When I was a child and through high school, I DANCED. It is my PASSION. I was on my dance team in high school and took ballet all through childhood. When I would work on a dance combo of any type and get ready to perform it in front of people, the RUSH would start coming. And yes, EVERYONE knows that I"m the social one between Aaron and me!! But, I love getting attention through performing a dance combo. Because it's not just me, but I know people are watching me and I can COMPLETELY feel the music in my soul. So, after getting out of high school, going to college, meeting and marrying Aaron and having 3 kids, my PASSION IS BACK, BABY!! I have been doing bellydancing for about 2 1/2 months and this Friday, I will get up and perform in front of my husband and tons of other people. I cry as I write this because THIS IS WHO I AM. Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family, but I do have to have something that's ALL MINE and that I can lose myself in and this is it. But, I do want to say thank you to a couple of people. First, Aaron because he could choose not to help me with the kids while I go practice, but he is COMPLETELY supportive of me. Second, my mom because she has know since I was a little girl that I was born to dance. And she always has supported me and been there for me for this. And third, my friend Kristal because since we moved here and I met her she has talked about it. She has never been pushy about it or tried to force it on me, but she knows how I feel about dance and just would bring it up around me and at a time that I knew was right, I decided to give it a try and now, I'M AMY. So, cross your fingers for me and think happy thoughts!

4 comments:

Mama bee said...

Yayyyy! I'm so excited for you. It'll be great for you to get back out on stage. :-)

Allie said...

GOOD LUCK AMY!! Im sure you will do a fantastic job! I cant wait to hear about it! Have aaron take pictures so we can see you in action! You could put up a video! Anyway, I hope you have a blast!!!!!

tnralvords said...

Amy...I am so excited for you. Good luck and I hope you have a blast!

Erin said...

Amy...I'm thinking a happy thought for you!! Good luck. I know you'll have an amazing time! E. Ballard just talked about filling our wells as mothers, remember? If belly dancing fills your well, more power to you! I think it's great! Love ya!