Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Updates!

Yes, we are still alive! Life is just so crazy for us. Time is flying by and I always tell myself I will post when I can post pictures, well, someday, when I actually do the pictures, you will see them, but for now, I'm just going to write everyone our update.

Aaron just spent 4 days up at Snowbird at a Botany Conference and did a presentation that he felt REALLY good about. In past years, he has waited until a couple of days before he has to leave and hurried and got his presentations ready. This time he KNEW exactly what he was doing. He always loves hanging out with other scientists who actually understand what he is doing and can carry on a conversation with him!
He also had a manuscript published for the first time. He is THRILLED about that. I am still TRYING to read through it. I would offer to send anyone a paper copy, but I can guarantee you you wouldn't understand a word!! Even his parents, who get pretty much everything he explains to them, didn't understand it. So overall, everything is going pretty well for him.

I am doing good. I am back to belly dancing and getting my butt kicked by it! But, I love it. I am busy running kids to their stuff. I am trying to lose weight from having Carson and trying to walk as much as I can during the week. I still have quite a tummy from Carson, so if you see me, I'm just fat!! Sorry, I'm tired of being asked if I"m expecting or when I'm due. I am working on it! I'm finding that when women say that each baby takes a little of their brain away, they're not lying!!

Christine is doing good. My dad has been kind enough to take her a couple times this summer, so we can go do some stuff with the boys. We are EXTREMELY grateful to him. She will go into the 8th grade this year! I think Aaron and I go into shock mode when her life comes up, because she will always be our baby!

Callan is now 8. He was baptized last April. He is getting so big and so smart! He is literally a MINI version of Aaron! He is always creating new inventions and drawing things and coming up with new ideas. He gets very frustrated if he can't figure something out and make something work. He is doing a sports camp this summer, but unfortunately, we have had a lot of stomach bugs going on and he hasn't been able to go a whole lot. He is excited to start the 3rd grade.

Connor is all boy. He challenges me everyday and is so stubborn, sometimes I just want to scream! Then, he shows me his smile and somehow, he gets out of trouble! He goes outside and copies Callan and runs all over and I can always tell where he is, he makes this motor sound really loud.

Carson is now 4 months old. He is rolling over and is trying to crawl and sit up! He also tries to stick both fists in his mouth at the same time! He is adorable and the other boys and Christine love him to death.

Well, that is our update. I will try to do better on blogging!

5 comments:

Mama bee said...

Ummm... maybe it's just me, but I don't see any updates here. Just so you know.

Nutty Nielsen's said...

Hey, it's good to see that things are moving right along for you. We need to get together soon.

Mama bee said...

Okay, I take back my previous comment. When I checked your blog last night all I saw was the Updates! title of the post, with nothing else there.

It was good to see you last night.

Erin said...

Yeah, glad to see you're alive!!! Keep on keepin' on woman! Miss you!

denedu said...

Glad to hear things are going well. If you ever want to go walking let me know. I was thinking of walking the trail around the golf course. I'd love to have a walking buddy. I sure hate being asked when I'm due, too. Especially, since David was snipped last summer. LOL Sorry...TMI. lol :D